That’s why I’m pleased to share this recipe for checking your current template against what’s actually live on the system. It comes to use courtesy of long-time FOD (Friend Of the Dojo), The Teamcenter Heretic. TCH has dug into the utilities documentation to come up with a step-by-step process for generating a report that will tell you exactly what will change if you deploy your template.Take a look, I think you’ll find it useful.
Tested for Teamcenter v 8.3 and 10.1
- Get a properly configured Teamcenter environment shell
- Set TC_ROOT and TC_DATA appropriately
- call %TC_DATA%\tc_profilevars.bat
- Create a Temp directory to work in.
- Make a sub-directory called lang:
- set an environment variable:
- Copy the files from
copy %TC_DATA%\model\*_dependency.xml %TWORK%
copy %TC_DATA%\model\*_template.xml %TWORK%
copy %TC_DATA%\model\master.xml %TWORK%
copy %TC_DATA%\model\lang\*_template_*.xml %TWORK%\lang
- Find the packaged template zipfile:
- Inside the zip you will find a structure something like
- You should see:
- You need to copy these last three items from the zip file into your %TWORK% directory.
Note: This will overwrite some files you previously copied in step 5
- Change your current working directory into the Temp directory:
cd /d %TWORK%
- Run the consolidator:
bmide_consolidator -dir=%TWORK% -file=cons.xml -consolidate=all
- Run the extractor:
business_model_extractor -outfile=extr.xml -mode=all -u=infodba -g=dba -p=infodba
- Run the comparator:
bmide_comparator -compare=all -old=extr.xml -new=cons.xml -delta=delta.xml -log=delta.log
The result of all this work is a html file called delta_report.html
The delta report will show in plain english the items that would be changed if you deployed this template to your site.